Huddart Park Archery Range
Maintained by: King’s Mountain Archers, Inc.
Safety Rules and Range Policies
- No crossbows, broadheads, BB guns, paintball guns, firearms or throwing of knives. (ARCHERY EQUIPMENT ONLY)…
- No smoking…
- Safety is the number one goal on the archery range.
- No high draws. Unsafe, archers will be asked to leave and if necessary San Mateo County Park Rangers will be called. No horse play on the range.
- Children must have adult supervision.
- Shooting is permitted ONLY when:
a. All persons are behind the shooting line;
b. Safe shooting conditions exist, and
c. The “All Clear” signal is given.
- Never nock an arrow when archers are down range retrieving arrows.
- All the trails are “One Way”. Always follow the trails. Never backtrack and no cross country travel.
- Archers must shoot from the designated stakes and only at the designated targets. For example:
Do not stand at the shooting stakes for #15 and shoot the #16 target. On the practice range there will be no cross lane shooting, shoot at the target directly in front of your position.
- When looking for arrows lean a bow against the target face or have someone stand in front of the target.
- No group shall hold up another group while looking for arrows.
- Please be courteous to other people and do not make them wait while you shoot too many arrows.
- No unauthorized targets on the range (Including 3-D, foam or cube targets).
- No shooting at any animals and do not shoot arrows into the trees.
- No dogs or pets allowed.
By Order of:
San Mateo County Parks Department 650-851- 1210
Kings Mountain Archers, Inc. 650-241- 8440 (message only)